Friday, November 26, 2010

Sex is Sacred

I've been reading some things lately about sexuality that make me cringe. 

Actually, it was this article (5 Reasons Not to Sleep with a Virgin) that sort of pushed me over the edge and into writing this blog post.  The five reasons that the author writes of are that there's extra prep work, there's freak out potential, she'll likely get attached, she lacks skills, and it could get messy. 

I think you can guess that the article kind of pissed me off.... but I'm still sorting my thoughts out effectively as to why.  I guess my primary reason is that if a man hasn't already thought of these things after he knows the woman he wants to bed is a virgin, then he's not the sort of man worth losing your virginity to in the first place.  Now, I suppose exceptions can be made in some cases for men who are virgins too.  If they do know alot about sex, however, even maintaining their own virgin status, then why haven't they thought of at least three of these on their own?

Now, I want to say from the onset that I don't want to get anyone's dander up.  I'm certainly in no position to judge anyone else (I know, that's kind of what I'm doing though, isn't it?) and I generally go by the attitude that your personal life is your personal life.  It's none of my business.  And even if something isn't necessarily for me, that doesn't mean I don't fantasize about it or appreciate it if it's something for you. 

The truth is, though, that I believe sex is sacred.  Another day I'll start my series on Sex and Religion (it's definitely in the works!)  and go all indepth on why I believe certain things, etc.  Honestly, I'm a Christian and if I lived the way that I think I need to live, I would be celibate. 

The truth is though, that I'm not.  But that doesn't mean that I still don't view sex and my sexuality as spiritual.  Obviously I know that a rough fucking and a gentle lovemaking are different in their emotional composition, but still... for me, I need a connection.  I can't do one night stands.  That would cheapen it for me nearly as much as a virgin who discovered she was just another notch on some playboys belt. 

* * *

Enjoy reading Sex with Ida Virgin?  Click here to have it delivered to your email.  Just be sure to check the Spam box if you have filters set!

Phote found via Lordschuft's photostream. 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home